Green are those peppers that don’t grow fully and are harvested before they mature. They are extremely low in calories, are almost fat-free which make them a great ingredient during weight loss programs. Green chillies are said to be a rich source of nutrients that are valuable for your body’s well-being and contain a rich mix of Vitamins A, C, K and the phytonutrient called capsaicin which prevents the growth of cancer cells in our body. Let us now understand the nutritional value of green chillies through the table given below.
Also Read:- Essentials To Know About the Property Transfer
Health Benefits of Eating Green Chillies
Green chilli is not just a necessary condiment to increase the spice quotient and taste in food; it also is full of natural benefits. Here are a few of the advantages of green chilli and the health benefits of eating them.
1. May Help Treat Skin Infections
Green chillies are loaded with anti-bacterial properties. Thus it helps cure skin infections and acne. It also gives healthy and glowing skin due to the presence of Vitamin C. However, remember to store the chillies in a dark and cool place as the chillies might lose Vitamin C if kept in heat and light.
2. Good for the Digestive Health
Being rich in dietary fibre, it helps smoothen the bowel movement and therefore improves the digestive health. Eating green chillies may also prevent ulcers. However, it is advisable for people suffering from peptic ulcer to avoid consuming green chillies.
3. Aids in Weight Loss
Including green chilli in your diet can also burn off the excess fat in your body due to its thermogenic properties. It also helps increase the metabolic rate.
4. Controls Blood Sugar Levels
Consuming green chillies regularly can prove beneficial for diabetic people. Eating green chillies can prevent sugar levels from increasing in the body and balance it.
5. May Help Prevent Cancer
Green chillies being rich in antioxidants may protect your body against free radicals that increase cancerous cells.
Also Read:- www.rentalasturias.com
6. Good for the Heart
Consuming green chillies also brings down the cholesterol level and triglyceride level thereby preventing atherosclerosis. It also reduces the chances of platelet aggregation. It also helps increase fibrinolytic activity which can prevent the formation of blood clots, a common cause of heart attacks.
7. Helps Cure the Common Cold
Capsaicin present in green chillies has a stimulating effect on the mucous membranes of the nose. It also helps makes thinner. Thus mucus drains from the nose quickly and cures common cold.
8. Helps Combat Mood Swings
Eating green chillies releases endorphins which help in elevating the mood and curbing mood swings. It is also said to be a pain reliever.
9. May Help Prevent Osteoporosis
Green chillies are rich in Vitamin K, which is known to decrease the risk of osteoporosis. The capsaicin component in green chillies can help prevent the inflammation of joints.
Also Read:- Guide to Rental Property Inhabitability
10. Good for the Eyes
Green chillies are loaded with Vitamin C and beta carotene, which are good for the eyes as well as the immune system.
Side Effects of Consuming Green Chillies in Excess
Mentioned below are some side effects of green chillies:
- Since green chilli has a good amount of dietary fibre, eating too many may result in loose motion or diarrhoea.
- Overeating green chillies can cause rectal inflammation. This can be especially painful if you suffer from piles.
- Green chillies may increase heat in your stomach which makes them detrimental for pregnant women. Including too many chillies in your diet can irritate the stomach lining which can cause a burning sensation in your stomach.
- Since chillies contain a high amount of capsaicin, eating too many of them may be toxic for your body.
- Consuming too many chillies can cause your body temperature to shoot up. The body heat can also cause mouth ulcers.
There are many people who like to eat spicy food, and they include green chillies in their everyday diet. While it is okay to consume green chillies every day, you should consume them in moderation.